"As Assessor for Vermilion Parish, I welcome you to the Vermilion Parish Assessor's Website, a work in progress. It is provided as a service to assist in obtaining information on properties within Vermilion Parish, both real and personal. We continue to have an open door policy for you to discuss your assessment or any other matter you feel our office may be able to assist with. Should you have questions or concerns about any information contained on this website, please contact the Assessor's office at any time."
Vermilion Parish Assessor CLA
The Vermilion Parish Assessor is responsible for discovery, listing, and valuing all property in Vermilion Parish for ad valorem tax purposes. This property includes all Real Estate, all Business Movable Property (Personal Property), and all Oil & Gas Property and Equipment. The Assessor is responsible to the citizens of Vermilion Parish to ensure all property is assessed in a fair and equitable manner. At the same time, the Assessor is responsible for ensuring that the assessments are calculated according to the Constitution of the State of Louisiana and the Revised Statutes that are passed by the Legislature. The Assessor is also responsible for filing the annual Tax Roll with the Louisiana Tax Commission. In addition, the Assessor must maintain the legal description of each property parcel, as well as maintain the ownership inventory of each parcel.
Real Property Search
Vermilion Parish's real estate records are available online and free to the public. Search records using a variety of different search criteria such as name or address.
Use the power of the premium mapping functionality by searching, viewing, and selecting different properties of interest directly on the map.
- April 1 - Deadline for filing self-reporting forms for business personal property.
- August 20 – September 4 - Open Books - Assessment Books open for public inspection.
- September 7 - September 21 - Board of Review
- September 10 - Deadline for Protests
- November 15 - The Louisiana Tax Commission certifies the Vermilion Parish Tax Roll by this date. The Sheriff and Ex-Officio Tax Collector will mail the tax notices after proof of certification is received.
- December 31 - Property taxes are due and payable by this date. Taxes are collected by the Sheriff’s Office, not the Assessor’s Office. If you have questions about tax payments, you may contact them at 337.893.2837.